A Punta Gorda native, Edward L. Wotitzky received his B.A. in Political Science in 1978 from the University of Florida before moving on to earn his Juris Doctorate in 1980 from the University of Florida College of Law.
While at the University of Florida, Wotitzky served as the Title Standards Editor of the University of Florida Law Review. He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1981 and has been a shareholder and managing partner at Wotitzky, Wotitzky, Ross & Young, P.A. since 1985. He has also been a Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer since 1990.
Wotitzky’s practice focuses primarily on Real Estate Law, Title Insurance, and Condominium and Community Association Law. In addition, he provides large and small business clients with expertise in Business and Corporate Law, Banking Law and Administrative Law.
Ed is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts as well as the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and served as President of the Charlotte County Bar Association from 1993-1994.
He is also a part of the Condominium and Planned Development Committee, and Twentieth Judicial Advisory Team for Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Inc.
He has served as a member of the Executive Council of the General Practice Section of the Florida Bar and chaired the Grievance Committee for Twentieth Judicial Circuit “C” from 1994 to 1996.
A strong advocate for local leadership, Wotitzky has a long history of community involvement, including:
- Peace River Basin Board of the Southwest Florida Water Management District (1997-1999)
- Boy Scouts of America, Southwest Florida Council of the Boy Scouts of America Executive Council (1985-1990), District Chairman (1985-1987)
- Executive Council (1985-1990), District Chairman (1985-1987)
- United Way of Charlotte County , President (1990-1991), Campaign Chairman (1988-1989), Admissions and Allocation Committee Chairman (1991-1995)
- Charlotte County Charter Review Commission (1991-1992)
- American Red Cross, Charlotte County Chapter, Past Director and Vice President (1985-1989)
- Charlotte Local Education Foundation, Past Vice President and Member of Board of Trustees
- Charlotte Behavioral Healthcare, Board of Directors (2007-Present)
- Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (2009-2010), President (2014)