Born in Davenport, Iowa, Warren R. Ross attended Swarthmore College, where he earned a B.A. in English Literature in 1978. He went on to attend the University of Akron College of Law where he received his Juris Doctorate in 1983.
Ross has been published as follows:
- Co-authored “Creditors Rights in Ohio – An Extensive Revision”, Vol. 16, p. 487, Akron Law Review, 1983
- Authored Casenote, “Power of Municipal Corporations to Lay Off Employees”, Vol. 15, p. 131, Akron Law Review, 1981.
- Co-authored an article entitled “When is 62 the Law?” which was published in Vol. 6, No. 4, Fall 2005 ASHRAE IAQ Applications – by Andrew C. Ask, P.E., J.D. and Warren Ross, Esq., J.D.
Warren’s practice encompasses all areas of civil litigation with a special emphasis in creditors’ rights, homeowners’ and community association law, inheritance disputes, and personal injury.
He also provides legal services and maintains expertise in all aspects of Land Use, Zoning and Real Property Law controversies, as well as Asset Protection.
Warren is admitted to practice in all Florida and Ohio state courts, including:
- 1983 Florida and Ohio
- 1985, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- 1988, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- 1989, U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- 1991, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- 1992, U.S. Supreme Court
- 1996, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- 2003, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
He is a member of the Florida Bar and served as President of the Charlotte County Bar Association from 2000 to 2002 and Secretary/Treasurer from 1999 to 2000. Other affiliations include the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, the Academy of Trial Lawyers of America, and the American Bar Association.
He is also a supporter of community outreach. Warren’s honors and activities include:
- Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award, 20th Judicial Circuit (1997)
- Punta Gorda Business Alliance , Director and Officer (1990-1995)
- Leadership Charlotte (1994-1995)
- Arts and Humanities Council, Director (2001-present)
- Charlotte County Homeless Coalition, Director (2003-present)
- Charlotte County Bar Association President (2000-2002)
- Charlotte County Symphony Board of Directors (2009-2013)
- Charlotte County Big Brothers and Big Sisters Board of Directors (2008-2013)
- Twentieth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee (1992-1993)